Tuesday, March 13, 2012

GLUTEN-FREE PLACARDS


I just finished making myself a 'Gluten-Free' placard to be placed on a restaurant table to notify the wait-staff that special care needs to be taken with my food..This is an easy project and didn't take much time.  I made the placard, from the fold on a manila folder The placard is about 4" high and 2 3/4" wide.  It will stand up like a tent.  Do not put the tape over the fold. It will hinder the tent standing up properly.


I was going to go to Staples or Kinkos and have them plastic coated and decided to save the money and use my crafting skills.


1. Using your computer, type in large bold letters GLUTEN-FREE several times, one below the other all the way down the page.  I used a thick pt 28, bold type.  You will need to leave spaces down the page depending on how many placards you make for yourself.  I made 2 sets, with the printing on the front and back of each placard.


2.  Take a manila folder and measure the size of your placard at the fold on the manila folder.  You can get 2 or 3 across the fold of the manila folder depending on the size print you use.  You want the print to be big and also bold.


3.  Take a big black marker and run it along all 4 edge (sides) of each placard.  It gives it a border and really looks professional.


4.  Get a roll of clear packaging tape about 2" wide.  Cover the placard with 2 strips on each side.  Make sure you moved the tape to cover the bottom edge on both sides about 1/4"  just in case water ends up on the table where your placard is sitting.


Since we are going out to dinner this weekend, I figured no time like the present to do this project.


Some tidbits about me -  I am very creative, an avid scrapper and love decorating, so I try almost anything.  I am a right-brain, left-brain person so you will see both side of me - the creative side, such as decorating, about 15-20 scrapbooks in the last several years, as well as the extremely detailed, organized, and project oriented side of me.  I love the challenges.


If you have any questions about this project, just send me a note on the blog and I will get back with you.  Have a great week.           Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment